« PrécédentContinuer »
for they will deliver you up to the Councils, and they will fcourge you in their Synagogues.
18. And ye fhall be brought before Governours and Kings for my fake, for a Teftimony against them and the Gentiles.
unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.
4. But thefe Things have I told you, that when the Time fhall
come, ye may remember that I told
faid unto you at the Beginning, beof them. And thefe Things I cause I was with
20. Verily, verily I fay unto you,' ye fhall WEER and LAMENT, but the World fhall REJOICE and ye fhall be forrowful, but your Sorrow fhall be turned into Joy.
19. But when they deliver you up, take no Thought how or what ye fhall fpeak, for it fhall be given you in that fame Hour what ye fhall fpeak.
20. For it is not ye that speak, but the SPIRIT of your Father which speaketh in you.
21. And the Brother fhall deliver up the Brother to Death, and the Father the Child: and the Children fhall rife up against their Parents, and cause them to be put to Death.
22. And ye shall be HATED of all Men for my Name's fake but he that endureth to the END, fhall be SAVED. 23. But when they perfecute you in this City, flee ye into another: for verily I fay unto you, ye fhall not have gone over the Cities of Ifrael till the Son of Man be come. 24. The Disciple is not above his Mafter, nor the Servant above his Lord.
It is enough for the Difciple that he be as his Mafter, and the Servant as his Lord: If they have called the Mafter of the Houfe Beelzebub, how much more fhall they call them of his Houfhold?
26. Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that fhall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known.
27. What I tell you in Darkness, that speak you in Light: and what ye hear in the Ear, that preach ye upon the Houfe-tops.
28. And FEAR not them which kill the BODY, but are not able to KILL the SOUL: but rather FEAR him which is able to destroy both SouL and BODY in HELL.
29. Are not two Sparrows fold for a Farthing? And one of them fhall not fall on the Ground without your Father.
30. But the very Hairs of your Head are all numbred.
31. FEAR ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many Sparrows.
32. Whofoever therefore fhall CONFESSS me before Men, him will I CONFESS alfo before my Father which is in Heaven.
33. But whofoever fhall DENY me before Men, him will I alfo DENY before my Father which is in Heaven.
34. Think not that I am come to fend Peace on Earth: I came not to fend Peace, but a Sword.
35. For I am come to fet a Man at Variance against his Father, and the Daughter against her Mother, and the Daughter in Law against her Mother in Law.
36. And a Man's Foes fhall be they of his own Houfhold.
37. He that LOVETH Father or Mother more than me, is not worthy of me: and he that loveth Son or Daughter more than me, is not worthy of me.
38. And he that taketh not his CROSS, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
39. He (b) that findeth his Life fhall lofe it: and he that lofeth his Life for my fake, fhall find it.
40. He that receiveth you, receiveth me; and he that receiveth me, receiveth him that fent me.
41. He that receiveth a Prophet in the Name of a Prophet, fhall receive a Propher's Reward; and he that receiveth a righteous Man, in the Name of a righteous Man, fhall receive a righteous Man's Reward.
(b) John xv. 18. If the World HATE you, ye know that it HATED me before it hated you.
19. If ye were of the World, the World would LOVE his own; but but I have chofen you out of the because ye are not of the World, World, therefore the World hateth you.
20. Remember the Word that I faid unto you, The Servant is not greater than the Lord. If they have perfecuted me, they will alfo perfecute you. If they have kept my Saying, they will keep yours alfo.
21. But all thefe Things will they do unto you for my Name's fake, because they know not him
that fent me.
42. And whofoever fhall give to drink unto one of these little Ones a Cup of cold Water only, in the Name of a Difciple, verily I fay unto you, he fhall in no wife lose his
Mark vi. 7. And he calleth unto him the TWELVE, and began to fend them forth by two and two, and gave them POWER over unclean SPIRITS;
8. And commanded them that they fhould take nothing
for their Journey, fave a Staff only: no Scrip, no Bread no Money in their Purse :
9. But be fhod with Sandals: and not put on two Coats. 10. And he said unto them, In what Place foever ye enter into an House, there abide till ye depart from that Place.
11. And (c) whofoever fhall not receive you, nor HEAR you, when ye depart thence, Thake off the Duft under your Feet for a Teftimony against them. Verily I fay unto you, it fhall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrah in the Day of Judgment, than for that City.
12. And they went out, and preached that Men fhould
13. And they caft out many DEVILS, and anointed with Oil many that were fick, and healed them.
(c) Heb. ii. 1. Therefore we ought to give the more earneft heed to left at any time we fhould let them the Things which we have heard, flip.
2. For if the Word spoken by grellion and Difobedience received Angels was ftediaft, and every Tranf a juft Recompence of Reward;
3. How fhall we efcape if we neg let fo great SALVATION, which at the first began to be fpoken by the LORD, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him ;
4. GOD alfo bearing them wit nefs, both with Signs and Wonders, and with divers Miracles, and Gifts of the HOLY GHOST, according to his own Will?
Luke x. 1. After thefe Things, the Lord appointed other SEVENTY alfo, and fent them two and two before his Face into every City, and Place, whither he himself would come.
2. Therefore faid he unto them, The Harveft truly is great, but the Labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the Harveft, that he would fend forth Labourers into his Harvest.
3. Go your ways: behold, I fend you forth as LAMES among WOLVES.
4. Carry neither Purfe, nor Scrip, nor Shoes: and fa lute no Man by the Way.
5. And into whatsoever Houfe ye enter, first say, Peace be to this House.
6. And if the Son of Peace be there, your Peace shall reft upon it: if not, it fhall turn to you again.
7. And in the fame Houfe remain, eating and drinking fuch Things as they give: for the Labourer is worthy of bis Hire. Go not from Houfe to House,
8. And into whatsoever City ye enter, and they receive you, eat fuch Things as are fet before you.
9. And heal the Sick that are therein, and say unto them, The KINGDOM of GOD is come nigh unto you. 12. But (d) I fay unto you, that it fhall be more tolerable in that Day for Sodom, than for that, City.
13. Wo unto thee Chorazin, wo unto thee Bethfaida: for if the mighty Works had been done in Tyre and Sidon, which have been done in you, they had a great while ago repented, fitting in Sackcloth and Afhes.
fhamed of the GOSPEL of Chrift: (d) Rom. i. 16. For 'I am not afor it is the POWER of GOD unto SALVATION, to every one that believeth, to the Jew firit, and also to
17. For therein is the Righteoufnefs of GOD revealed from FAITH to FAITH: as it is written, The JUST hall live by FAITH
18. For the Wrath of GOD is re
vealed from Heaven against all Un-
14. But it fhall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the Judgment, than for you.
15. And thou Capernaum, which art exalted to Heaven, fhalt be thruft down to Hell.
16. He that heareth you, heareth me: and he that defpifeth you, defpifeth me: and he that despiseth me, defpifeth him that fent me.
17. And the Seventy returned again with Joy, faying, Lord, even the DEVILS are fubject unto us through thy
18. And he faid unto them, I beheld SATAN as Lightning, FALL from Heaven.
19. Behold, I give unto you PoWER to tread on SERPENTS and SCORPIONS, and over all the Power of the ENEMY; and nothing fhall by any means hurt you.
20. Notwithstanding in this REJOICE not, that the SPIRITS are fubject unto you: but rather REJOICE, becaufe your NAMES are written in HEAVEN.
21. In that Hour Jefus rejoiced in Spirit, and faid, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of Heaven and Earth, that thou haft hid thefe Things from the WISE and PRUDENT, and haft revealed them unto BABES: even fo, Father, for fo it seemed good in thy Sight.
22. All Things are delivered to me of my Father: and no Man KNOWETH who the Son is, but the Father; and
who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will REVEAL him.
23. And he turned him unto his Difciples, and faid privately, Bleffed are the Eyes which fee the Things that ye fee. 24. For I tell you, that many PROPHETS and KINGS have defired to fee thofe Things which ye fee, and have not feen them; and to hear those Things which ye hear, and have not heard them.
The Preaching of the Gospel in Galilee by our SAVIOUR.
Mark i. 14.
Luke iv. 14, to 30.
OW after that John was put in Prifon, [L.] Jefus returned in the PowER of the SPIRIT, and [Mr.] came into Galilee, preaching the Gospel of the KINGDOM of GOD: [L.] And there went out a Fame of him through all that Region round about. And he taught in their Synagogues, being GLORIFIED of all. And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up; and as his Custom was, he went into the Synagogue on the Sabbath Day, and ftood up for to read: and there was delivered unto him the Book of the Prophet Efaias; and when he had opened the Book, he found the Place where it was written, The SPIRIT of the LORD is upon me, because he hath ANOINTED me to PREACH the GOSPEL to the (a) POOR, he
(a) Pfalm xl. 17. But I am POOR and NEEDY, yet the Lord thinketh upon me: thou art my Helper and my Deliverer, make no tarrying, O my God.
Ifai. xiv. 32. What fhall one then anfwer the Meffengers of the Nation? That the Lord hath founded Zion, and the Poor of his People fhall truft in it.
Chap. xxv. 4. For thou hast been a STRENGTH to the Poor, a Strength to the Needy in his Distress.
Chap. Ixvi. 2. To this Man will I look, even to him that is POOR, and of a CONTRITE SPIRIT, and trembleth at my Word.
Zeph. iii. 12. I will alfo leave in the midst of thee an AFFLICTED and POOR People, and they fhall TRUST in the NAME of the LORD. Matt. xi. 5. The Blind receive their Sight, and the Lame walk, the Lepers are cleanfed, the Dead are raised up; and the Poor have the Gospel preached unto them.
James ii. 5. Hearken, my beloved Brethren, Hath not GoD chofen the POOR of this World, RICH in FAITH, and HEIRS of the KINGDOM which he hath promised to them that love him?